BASIC CATCHING TECHNIQUE
- The thumbs and fingers should form the shape of a triangle.
- Both hands form a "bowl/basket", enabling to catch the ball more effectively.
- Arms should be bent at the elbow & fully extended in order to catch the ball.
- When catching the ball, players should move hands toward the ball.
- Always catch the ball with two hands.
- The "target" should be at shoulder height and on the dominant arm side.
- The knees are flexed and the feet are shoulder width apart.
- The head is up and forward and the eyes are focused in on the ball.
- Throwing arm is at 90 degree angle at the elbow with ball slighlty above head height.
- The whole hand should be behind the ball when it is being thrown.
- Begin by taking one step forward with the left foot (right handed thowers).
- Upon completion of the pass follow through to the target.
- Drive with the right foot for power.
- Always retreat after the pass to the original position.
THE JUMP SHOT
- Right-handed throwers should push off from the left foot.
- Left-handed throwers should push off from the right foot.
- When in the air, the body should be stretched & throwing shoulder drawn back.
- Throw from the highest point of the jump.
The knees should be slightly bent and the hands held at head height.
-Low balls are stopped with the foot & one arm stretched toward the foot to assist.
-A ball thrown at mid-height should be stopped with hand & foot while the high balls requires a jump from one foot
Houses for sale